Taj Hotel, Mumbai
Photo courtesy of Anoop Negi © All Rights Reserved
Now carry your local guide in your pocket!
Many a time you're totally smitten by the travel bug but you feel jaded at the huge prospect of packaging a tour; you blink at the logistics invloved in it. with GPSmycity tour guides you can now confidently beetle off to your choice city and indulge your wanderlust.
GPSmycity.com is an archive of self-guided walking tour software applications on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. these apps can be installed at very reasonable customer-friendly rates. once installed your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad becomes your unerring guide to invade your dream city without coughing up too much currency. using GPS technology GPSmycity.com navigates around 2000 walking tours across 180 major cities in the world. it provides precise point-to-point directions to the touted landmarks and sights as well as the offbeat spots of each city.
Consider Mumbai. Swing by these links for a good look.
Mumbai Walking Tour
iPhone application Mumbai
What i have below is a quiz contest from the team at GPSmycity.com. those of you who send at least five correct answers (or how many ever you know :P) to email@example.com will be awarded three city walk iPhone applications to cities of your choice.
1. Who is the only Indian to have been given honorary US citizenship?
2. Who was the first person to use zero as a number?
3. The wooden pole in the centre of the Banganga Tank in Mumbai was created (as legends tell), by Lord Ram piercing the earth with his arrow. It is believed that the place signifies:
A.The entrance to the Underworld
B.A holy place all Indians should visit at least once in their life
C.The centre of the Earth
4.Nobel Laureate Rudyard Kipling who wrote Kim and The Jungle Book was born in:
5. What type of uniforms do the traffic cops in Mumbai wear?
A.Yellow shirt and long shorts
C.White shirt and khaki trousers
6.Home to India’s Hindi film and television industry, Mumbai is known as:
7. What is the most popular sport in Mumbai?
8.At the Prince of Wales Museum in Mumbai, there is an original portrait of a former US President. Motivated by history or not, the portraits belongs to no one else but:
9. Any Bombayite knowns that "town" means south of Churchgate, which is a:
10. The railway line from Mumbai to Pune through Bhor Ghat was built in 1863 by:
So boot and bundle up to your dream city with GPSmycity.com!